For some, owning a home is a big part of the American Dream. There’s a sense of pride and accomplishment in ownership. It can give you greater freedom and privacy. It can also add to your financial security. Home buying is a big step and takes some planning.
Home buying might seem like a complicated process. GreenPath has affiliated with the Homeownership Preservation Foundation (HPF) to guide and support people’s dreams of home ownership. Our counseling and education can help you navigate the process and make informed decisions. We’ll help you understand a range of issues including:
- The Realtor’s Role: Buyer and Seller
- Down Payment. How much do you need?
- Types of Mortgages: Understanding loan options
- Mortgage Lenders: How to Choose
- Pre-qualifying for a Mortgage
- Home Appraisal. Why Lenders Do It
- Home Inspection. What Should It Cover?
- Escrow Accounts. The What and Why
- Homeowners Insurance. Protecting Your Investment
- Home Maintenance. What to Expect